Monday, October 20, 2008

Fine Furnishing Show in Providence Rhode Island

inspires

We are getting ready for the Providence Fine Furnishing and Fine Crafts show.

"Find it. Love it. Buy it
at the Fine Furnishings & Fine Craft Shows
- Providence on October 24 – 26 at the Rhode Island Convention Center"

I can't help it but we have been having so much fun getting ready. We plan to show our distinctive blown glass jewelry, but many beautiful individually crafted blown glass pieces showing our range of sculptural and functional work as well.
Autumn's influence has inspired blown glass pumpkins,
churning surf vases, and blazing blown glass tree vases. Living on the coast of Maine we find that we just look outside and the strong influence of mother nature fills us up. I find myself sitting at my glass blowing bench spinning pipe and, boom I see firey trees bubbling forth. Yesterday we spotted our friends Obediah and Kate, of Sullivan, Maine gathering seaweed for their garden. And I am reminded of Ken's life filled tide pool glass sculptures, another little piece of the coast we plan to show this week-end. I hope you'll come to the show to see what we mean.

No comments: